- 1 McFarland Park
- 1.1 McFarland Park Campground Reservations
- 1.2 McFarland Park Hours
- 1.3 Opens 6:00 A.M. Visiting hours are from 7am to 11pm. Park closes at 11:00pm -(Summer), 10:00p.m.-(Winter)
- 1.4 McFarland Park Campground Map
- 1.5 McFarland Park Events
- 1.6 McFarland Park Florence Alabama Map
- 1.7 McFarland Park Disc Golf
- 1.8 McFarland Park Features
On March 12, 1780, the Donelson Expedition, led by Captain John Donelson, camped below the shoals at McFarland Bottoms. The area was to become what is known today as McFarland Park and McFarland Bottoms or McFarland Bottoms Park.
McFarland Park is located between the Tennessee River and downtown Florence Alabama and is a popular destination hosting festivals and special events.
McFarland Park Campground Reservations
The campgrounds provide RV and tent camping with electrical and water connections, sewer hookups, waste stations, bathhouse and laundry facilities. Campgrounds are currently open year round. Our policy is first come first serve. There is no limit on the number of stays, only a limit on the maximum length of each stay (21 days). During the months of September through April there is no limit on the length of stay. For more information call (256) 760-6416 or (256) 740-8817.
McFarland Park Hours
Opens 6:00 A.M.
Visiting hours are from 7am to 11pm. Park closes at 11:00pm -(Summer), 10:00p.m.-(Winter)
McFarland Park Campground Map
McFarland Park Events
McFarland Park Florence Alabama Map
McFarland Park Disc Golf
Designed by James Burton and Jack White
McFarland Park Features
- Sixty Campsites – with all amenities. Primitive camping also available
- Driving Range for Golfers
- Soccer Field
- Picnic Shelters with fireplaces
- Boat ramps
- Fishing piers
- Individual picnic tables
- Baseball Fields
- Paved & lighted jogging trail surrounding the harbor
- Restaurant and marine store
- Boat slips