Randolph County Alabama population is located in the east central part of the state and its populations is 22,913. The Alabama Legislature created Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek Indians in the 1832 Treaty of Cusseta. Its county seat is Wedowee. Its name is in honor of John Randolph, a member of the United States Senate from Virginia. The first county seat for Randolph County was established in 1833 at Hedgeman Triplett’s Ferry on the west bank of the Big Tallapoosa River, about 10 miles west of Wedowee.