Randolph County Alabama population is located in the east central part of the state and its populations is 22,913. The Alabama Legislature created Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek Indians in the 1832 Treaty of Cusseta. Its county seat is Wedowee. Its name is in honor of John Randolph, a member of the United States Senate from Virginia.
The first county seat for Randolph County was established in 1833 at Hedgeman Triplett’s Ferry on the west bank of the Big Tallapoosa River, about 10 miles west of Wedowee. In 1835 (2 years later), the county seat was moved by the commissioners to nearby Wedowee. Wedowee lies in the center of Randolph County, on a fork of the Little Tallapoosa River. Wedowee was named after a tribal chief “Wah-wah-nee” (or “Wah-dow-wee”) whose village stood near the present site of the town.
Randolph County is set amidst a landscape of hills and many lakes and river and offers many opportunities for wildlife viewing and outdoor recreation.
Randolph County Alabama Cities:
Randolph County Alabama Towns:
Wadley, Wedowee, Woodland
Randolph County Alabama Communities:
Almond, Bacon Level, Corinth, Folsom, Graham, Hobson, Liberty Grove, Louina, Morrison Crossroads, Newell, Rock Mills
If you would like to become a sponsor, advertise a related location, service or vacation spot that would add to the usefulness of this site, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.