Double Springs Alabama
Double Springs is a town in Winston County, Alabama. The city is the county seat of Winston County. The county seat was initially located at Houston, but by referendum in 1883, Double Springs prevailed and the county seat was removed to there.
Double Springs is located at (34.151642, -87.404390).
Double Springs Alabama Attractions
In 1944, a memorial marker was erected on the courthouse square “To the memory of the Denson Brothers – Seaborn M. Denson (1854-1936) and Thomas J. Denson (1863-1935) who devoted their lives and gifts to composing and teaching American religious folk music as embodied in the Sacred Harp, in most of the Southern States, but mostly in Alabama. This stone is placed in the midst of their field of labor by the loving hands of their families, pupils of their singing schools, and legions of singers and friends in the summer of the year 1944. The One Hundredth Anniversary of the Sacred Harp while ‘Uncle Seab’ and ‘Uncle Tom’ sing on – ‘way over in the promised land’.”