Dog River Plantation, Mobile County, Alabama
Archaeology at the Dog River site has uncovered a series of plantations dating from the mid-1720s to 1848. Originally the home of the Charles Rochon family, the site was successively occupied by Charles’ son Pierre and his family and by families related to the Rochons by marriage — the Goudeaus and Demouys — then finally by the Montgomery and Hollinger families during the American period, 1830-1848. HIstorical and archaeolgical evidence also indicates substantial occupations by the Chato Indians and enslaved African Americans in the excavated area.
Source: The Digital Arcaeological Record