Robinson Springs was known as an early summer resort for wealthy families of Montgomery, and the vicinity. The Robinson Springs United Methodist Church was formed in 1828. The settlers quickly grew out of the log structure, and decided to build a permanent structure. The present church was completed in 1848. The parsonage was sold soon after completion (due to the lack of a steady minister) to noted Alabama historian Albert J. Pickett. It still stands two doors down from the church. In 1852, Robinson Springs played host to Alabama’s first state fair.