Located in the heart of East Central Alabama, Randolph County sits upon a myriad of natural beauty, historic sites, with economic and entrepreneurial opportunities. Strategically located between Birmingham and Atlanta, our four towns, Roanoke, Wadley, Wedowee and Woodland, each with their own character and charm, offer an array of economic and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Located in south Alabama along the Gulf of Mexico and Bon Secour Bay, Baldwin County, is recognized as one of the premier tourism spots in Alabama. Noted Civil War sites in the county include Fort Morgan and Fort Blakeley. Because of Baldwin County’s proximity to the Gulf Coast, it was the site of some of the earliest European explorations and settlements in the South.
Established in 1980, Bon Secour (the name, in French, means “safe harbor”) is smaller than most other national wildlife refuges, and is divided into Sand Bayou, Perdue, Little Point Clear, Fort Morgan, and Little Dauphin Island.
Jackson County Alabama
Return To Alabama Maps Index
Return To Alabama County Index
Jackson County Alabama is a county in the Northeast corner of Alabama. The population is 53,227 and the county seat is Scottsboro, Alabama. Jackson County was named for Andrew Jackson, general in the United States Army and afterward President of the United States of America. Jackson County Alabama Cities:
Stevenson City Hall is located on 104 Kentucky Avenue. Stop by City Hall for any information you may need about our Park, Depot, Library, Fort Harker, or anything else you may need to know.
Crenshaw County was created by an act of the Alabama General Assembly on 1866 Nov. 24. It was formed from parts of Butler, Coffee, Covington, Pike and Lowndes counties. It is located in the south-central section of the state, in the coastal plain area. Crenshaw County encompasses 611 square miles.
Brantley is a town in Crenshaw County. At the 2010 census the population was 809. Brantley was incorporated in 1891. Brantley Alabama Geography
Brantley is located in southern Crenshaw County at 31°35’4″ North, 86°15’24” West (31.584365, −86.256651). Map
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.16 square miles, of which 3.11 square miles is land and 0.050 square miles, or 1.60%, is water.
Lee County is a county located in east central Alabama. As of the 2010 census the population was 140,247. The county seat is Opelika, and the largest city is Auburn. The county is named for General Robert E. Lee (1807–1870), who served as General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States in 1865. Lee County comprises the Auburn-Opelika, AL Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is included in the Columbus-Auburn-Opelika, GA-AL Combined Statistical Area.
Smiths Station, one of the most thriving and fastest growing communities in Lee County, was settled in 1826. In 1845 the Central of Georgia Railroad was built through the community from Columbus, Georgia to Opelika, Alabama. The depot was named for Mr. Broadus Smith, a prominent early settler who lived near by.
An officer at the scene later remembered, “Never can I forget the brilliant scene, as regiment after regiment filed gaily out of camp, decked in all the paraphernalia of war, with gleaming arms, and guidons given to the wanton breeze.”
Russell County Alabama
Russell County Alabama, located in the southeastern part of the state, is a county of Alabama. Russell County, known as “The County of Forts,” because of the many forts that once existed within the county’s boundaries, including Fort Mitchell, Sand Fort, Fort Bainbridge, and a small portion of present-day Fort Benning (most of which is in Georgia). was established by an act of the state general assembly on December 18, 1832, from lands ceded to the state by the Creek Indians, however, the final geographical boundaries did not exist until 1932. Russell County Alabama History:
Early settlement of Russell County as well as other parts of Alabama followed the establishment of Fort Mitchell. The fort was constructed by Georgia militia in 1813 during the Creek Indian War of 1813-14 to provide military protection for non-Indian expansion into Native American lands. As of the 2010 census, the population was 52,947.