Webb is a town in Houston County, Alabama. It is named for plantation owner B. F. Webb, who settled in the area around 1890.
The area was sparsely populated until 1899, when the Central of Georgia Railroad built a line on Webb’s land; he donated 23 acres for a depot. The first post office opened in 1900. Two stores were built in the area, and Webb and his son began laying out a town and selling one-acre lots.