Established in 1866, the county took its name from Colonel E. C. Bullock, of Eufaula. It is located in a region which enables it to command all the conditions favorable to prosperity.
As originally constituted, Baldwin County lay wholly west of the Tombigbee River, east of the Mississippi line, north of the 31st parallel, and south of the fifth township line, including all the country south of that line in the present Clarke County.
From the Tennessee line down to the Gulf, there was not a community, however remote it might be, that did not respond to the call for labor, money or membership, and when the Armistice was signed in 1918, nearly 150,000 Alabamians wore the emblem of the Red Cross.
Government post and military reservation for the repairing and manufacture of parts for airships.