Pickens County Alabama population is 19,746. Its county seat is Carrollton Alabama.
Pickens County was established on December 20, 1820, and named for revolutionary war hero General Andrew Pickens of South Carolina. The county seat was relocated from Pickensville to Carrollton in 1830. The first courthouse in Carrollton was burned on April 5, 1865, by troops of Union General John T. Croxton.
Pickens County is home to the Aliceville Museum and Cultural Center which houses artifacts from the Aliceville WWII POW camp. The county also contains Aliceville Lake and part of the Tombigbee River.
Pickens County Alabama Cities:
Pickens County Alabama Towns:
Carrollton, Ethelsville, Gordo, McMullen, Memphis, Pickensville
Pickens County Alabama Communities:
Benevola, Coal Fire, McShan, Olney, Vienna, Macedonia
Pickens County Alabama Zip Codes:
35461, 35481, 35466, 35447, 35442
If you would like to become a sponsor, advertise a related location, service or vacation spot that would add to the usefulness of this site, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Aliceville Alabama |
Aliceville population is Founded in the first decade of the 20th century, the town has become notable for its World War II era Prisoner-of-war camp in Aliceville.
|Aliceville Museum |
Address: 104 Broad Street Aliceville, AL 35442
The Aliceville Museum has grown from a single room in the Aliceville Public Library to a large facility encompassing three buildings, a courtyard, and a plaza area in downtown Aliceville. The museum has been in its current location since 1995. There are four main exhibit rooms and a large meeting space. The facility is handicap accessible. Self-guided audio tours are available.
Tuesday – Saturday 10am to 12pm; 1pm to 4pm
104 Broad Street Northeast, Aliceville, AL, United States
|Gordo Alabama |
Gordo is located at
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2), of which 3.2 square miles (8.3 km2) is land and 0.31% is water. (33.321461, -87.903729).
|Montgomery (snagboat) |
One of the few surviving steam-powered sternwheelers in the United States, it is one of two surviving United States Army Corps of Engineers snagboats. It was built in 1925 and played a major role in building the Alabama–Tombigbee–Tennessee River Project.