Jackson County Alabama Ghost Towns
Bellefonte is a ghost town in Jackson County near the site of the Bellefonte Nuclear Generating Station. It is located roughly two miles southeast of Hollywood, Alabama.Bellefonte was settled in the early 19th century and incorporated on December 15, 1821, when it had nearly 200 residents. It was the Jackson County seat from 1821 to 1868, when it was relocated to Scottsboro. The relocation of the county seat in 1868 drew off business from town. This town rapidly lost population, dropping off the census rolls by 1880. The town was abandoned by the 1920s. All that remains of Bellefonte today are the cemetery, the chimney of the local inn, and piles of scattered bricks.
Bolivar, also known as Widows, is an unincorporated community in northern Jackson County. It is located on Alabama State Route 277, halfway between Bridgeport and Stevenson. It was originally called New Bolivar. The old community faded away and New Bolivar never really grew. On original maps from the 1880s, New Bolivar was located where the former North Jackson Hospital stands on Alabama Highway 277.
Boxes Cove Alabama
Camerton Ferry Alabama
Caperton Ferry is a cultural feature (crossing) in Jackson County.
Dorans Cove Alabama
Dry Cove Alabama
Mud Creek Alabama
Old Woodville Alabama
https://goo.gl/maps/38avuvfFtwEFdSNv6Latitude N34 31.172′ Longitude W85 58.888′