Cedric, Alabama was a small community in northeastern Chambers County, Alabama. Today it is entirely in private ownership. It is located 3–4 miles to the southeast of present day Roanoke, Alabama and about 1 mile southwest of Bacon Level Church. Alabama Cities Index
Fort Cusseta was a wooden stockade built by white settlers to protect against possible Creek Indian attacks. Its ruin still exists today within the small city of Cusseta, Alabama. Following the signing of the Creek Treaty in 1832, the early white settlers built a 16 feet by 30 feet hand-hewn log fort for protection from a possible uprising from a Cusseta Indian village on Osanippa Creek just north of the fort.. Walls were four and six feet high with portholes at a height of four feet. The fort never saw any military action.
Chambers County Alabama
6001 20th Ave
Valley AL 36854
The theater was built in 1937, after the old wood frame theater and school burned. Originally designed by Kennon Perry, architect of Atlanta, it is a stylized neo-Georgian two-story brick building. It has a formally balanced facade connected by a cloister to the LaFayette Lanier School. Three porch arches give the theater a Gothic Temple appearance. The building is used for school functions, stage plays, church groups, concerts, pageants, dance recitals, cantatas, religious events, and womanless weddings. For Landale community natives, it is fondly remembered as the “Picture Show.”
Restoration of the theater began in 1985 and is now complete. Its interior and exterior appearances are maintained as near to original as possible. Its owner is the Chambers County Board of Education.
Valley, Alabama was incorporated in 1980 combining the four textile mill villages of Fairfax, Langdale, Riverview, and Shawmut. We are located on Interstate 85 halfway between Montgomery, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia. Valley is only 75 miles southwest of Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport (Google Map) and 85 miles northeast of Montgomery Regional Airport-Dannelly Field (Google Map) Airport in Montgomery. Our population is 9,200. The city lies on the banks of the Chattahoochee River – the state border between Alabama and Georgia.