The Battle of Ebenezer Church was a civil war battle fought between Confederate cavalry under Nathan Bedford Forrest’s leadership and a well-supplied Union force under the command of Union Maj. Gen. Hohn H. Wilson that had just triumphantly swept across Alabama virtually unopposed.
Confederate Memorial Park located in Marbury, Alabama, Autauga County, tells the story of Alabama’s Confederate soldier both during the Civil War and afterwards. The park is the site of Alabama’s only Confederate Soldiers’ Home. The site operated from 1902-1939 as a haven for disabled or indigent veterans of the Confederate army, their wives, and widows. The site included 22 buildings consisting of cottages, a hospital, dairy barn, mess hall, an elaborate water and sewage system, and Memorial Hall, an administration building which held offices, a library, and a large auditorium. Features of the 102-acre memorial park site include two cemeteries, Mountain Creek Post Office, Marbury Methodist Church, nature trail, covered pavilions, museum containing artifacts from the Alabama Old Soldiers Home, uniforms, weapons, and equipment used during the Civil War. The majority of veterans served in Alabama outfits, while others moved to Alabama after the war.
CSS Tennessee was a casemate ironclad ram built for the Confederate Navy during the American Civil War. She served as the flagship of Admiral Franklin Buchanan, commander of the Mobile Squadron, after her commissioning. She was captured in 1864 by the Union Navy during the Battle of Mobile Bay and then participated in the Union’s subsequent Siege of Fort Morgan. Tennessee was decommissioned after the war and sold in 1867 for scrap. ALABAMA CIVIL WAR MAIN PAGE