Albertville is a city in Marshall County. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 21,160 and it is the largest city in Marshall County.
Albertville, nicknamed “Fire Hydrant Capital of the World,” was first settled around 1850. On January 13, 1860, the first post office was established. On February 18, 1891, Albertville was officially incorporated as a city of Alabama.
The area which today includes Albertville was inhabited by the Cherokee Indians until their removal to Oklahoma in the 1830s. It was, however, near the territory of the Creek nation, and several major trails which afforded communication (or military action) between the two nations crossed the area. It is believed to have been crossed by Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto during his expeditions in 1540.
Wikipedia contributors. Albertville, Alabama [Internet]. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia; 2019 Sep 11, 06:39 UTC [cited 2019 Oct 8].
During the American Civil War, the area around Albertville was the scene of several mid-level clashes between Union and Confederate forces.
The Albertville Museum, also serves as the Historical Association for the City of Albertville. The Museum opened, in what had previously been the Little Branch Primitive Church, in January 2012. The museum is located across from the historic 'Old Albertville Cemetery'. The building housing the museum stands on the spot where Albertville's first church and school were built (ca.1850). Both were called Jones Chapel, as was the community.