Aberdeen Alabama

Aberdeen Alabama

General Alexander Curry Gordon acquired large land holdings west and north of Abbeville and moved to a place called Ward’s Crossroads. He named his huge home “Aberdeen.” The village that grew around the crossroads became known as Aberdeen, Alabama. After the war, Aberdeen began to fade away. The town existed from circa 1849, to circa 1870.

Henry County Alabama.