Civil War Map:
Capture of Mobile Alabama
- A regional view of Mobile and environs, encompassing Mobile, Blakely, Spanish Fort, Alabama City, Williamsburg, Fort Morgan, Fort Gaines, and Fort Orwell. Also shows defenses of Mobile Bay, including use of torpedoes (mines), spikes, and sunken logs. The city of Mobile was abandoned by the Confederates on the night of April 11-20th, 1865.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- – Alabama–History–Civil War, 1861-1865–Maps
- – Mobile (Ala.)–History–Civil War, 1861-1865–Maps
- – United States–Alabama–Mobile
- – Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- – NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- – This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- – Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- – In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 438).