BLADON SPRINGS STATE PARK – ALABAMA

Print More

Bladon Springs State Park

Alabama State Park

Bladon Springs AL

Choctaw County Alabama

Bladon Springs State Park is located at:

3921 Bladon Road
Bladon Springs AL 36919

Phone: 251-754-9207

A 357 acre park with four mineral springs includes shelters, campsites, pavilions, tables, grills and a small playground.   The park was named after the original patentee of the property John Bladon.   A 200 guest capacity hotel once stood on the property and the springs were opened as a public spa.  These features gave Bladon Springs the nickname “Saratoga of the South.  The hotel eventually closed and was purchased by the state in 1934 but burned down in 1938. The only remaining original structure is a Pavilion over the main spring.

 

Comments are closed.