(1814), near Cedar Bluff
Fort Armstrong was a stockade fort built in present-day Cherokee County, Alabama during the Creek War.
Thomas M. Owen reported it was located on the Etowah River, while Albert J. Pickett stated it was built on Coosahatchie Creek. Most evidence points to it being located on the north bank of the Coosa River near Turkeytown and present-day Cedar Bluff.
A temporary Federal post built during the First Creek War, probably located on what is now Williamson Island in Weiss Lake (Coosa River). Garrisoned mostly by Cherokee Indians. According to local tradition, this site was used by the British as a supply base during the American Revolution.