Landrums Fort / Mott’s Fort
In Clarke County on Co. Rd. 3 next to Berry’s Chapel. A Creek War fort was built here in 1812 around the home of John Landrum. It was also the site of the first meeting of the county court which met in 1813 while Clarke County was still a part of the Mississippi Territory. These two wooden stockades were located eleven miles west from Fort Sinquefield; on section eighteen, township eight, range two east. Clark County, Alabama.
Turn off Co. Rd. 3 at the Winn Fire Station. Marker will be on left next to Berry’s Chapel A.M. Zion Church. N31°40’04.1”W087°54’42.2”
Mott’s Fort was in the same neighborhood. These both were small.