Magnolia Springs Alabama
Magnolia Springs is a town in south Baldwin County. The town voted to incorporate in 2006. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 723.
Magnolia Springs Alabama History
Magnolia Springs is located at the headwaters of the Magnolia River, which was originally called River de Lin, or River del Salto by local residents. Various boats and steamships brought travelers into the area.
The largest enterprise in the area was turpentine distillation. These stills were burned by their owners in 1865 to prevent them from being captured when Union soldiers began amassing in the area.
It is the only town in the United States to have a U.S. Postal Service water delivery route.