EASLEy’s Fort was on the Tombigbee river, in section eleven, township eleven, range one west, at what is now called Wood’s Bluff.
The Battle of Tallushatchee was a battle fought during the War of 1812 and Creek War on November 3, 1813.
During the Civil War, a Confederate fort named Fort Gullett was built on the site of Fort Carney. Fort Gullett was built in 1862 to protect the nearby salt wells. Fort Gullett also served to prevent Federal gunboats from traveling up the Tombigbee River.
Overlooking the marshes of the Mobile-Tensaw Delta just north of Mobile is the site
of the Alabama ghost town of Blakeley.
Now a part of Historic Blakeley State Park, the city once competed with Mobile for the status of queen city of Lower Alabama. All that remains today are gravestones, a few ruins and traces of old streets.
It was a miserable-looking place in Hawkins time, with about 43 warriors in 1766. The name is derived from the war-club (ă tăssa), and was written Autossee, Ottossee, Otasse, Ot-tis-se, etc. A post or column of pine, forty feet high, stood in the town of Autassee, on a low, circular, artificial hill.”
The Battle of Autossee (meaning “war club”) took place on November 29, 1813, during the Creek War, at the Creek towns of Autossee and Tallasee near present-day Shorter, Alabama in Macon County Alabama.
In the year 1800 the white people began to settle in this county, and by
1813 there were quite a number of settlers along the west side of the county. In
1813 the Indians became very troublesome and the whites became alarmed and began
the erection of forts at various points in the county. According to Ball’s
history of Clarke County, they were located as follows:
Chief Pathkiller, was a Cherokee warrior, town chief, and Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation. He also served as a colonel under Andrew Jackson in the Tennessee militia during the Creek War.
Map: General Jackson’s Campaign Against the Creek Indians 1813 and 1814
REMARKABLE CANOE FIGHT–BATTLE OF HOLY GROUND– MARCH TO CAHABA OLD TOWNS