Colony Alabama was originally settled after the Civil War during the Reconstruction and emancipation, or freedom of slaves. It is Cullman’s County’s only majority African American community and was a safe haven in the early days for African Americans in the Deep South.
Colony was a farming community and was incorporated in 1981.
Vivian B Allen Park on Byars Road offers a gymnasium, baseball fields and basketball courts.
Colony Alabama Info:
Colony Town Hall
Physical: 65 Byars Road
Hanceville, AL 35077
10 AM – 2 PM, Monday – Friday
2nd Tuesday of each month. 6PM,
Colony Town Hall.
- Cullman Electric Cooperative
- Cullman County Water Department
- Cullman-Jefferson Counties Gas District
- Cullman County Sanitation
- Colony Volunteer Fire Department
- Cullman County Sheriff’s Office
- Cullman County Road Department
- Cullman County Public Library System
- Cullman County Commission on Aging
- Cullman Area Rural Transportation (CARTS)
Nearby Cities and Towns:
- Dodge City
- Garden City
- Good Hope
- Holly Pond
- South Vinemont
- West Point