Buck Creek Cotton Mill

Alabaster Alabama Old Buck Creek Cotton Mill

The Buck Creek Mill (originally Selma Cotton Mill, then Siluria Cotton Mill) was a large textile mill founded in 1896, built on Buck Creek in Siluria in Shelby County. The main section of the mill building was completed in 1904, with additions in 1906 and 1911, when it took its best-known name.

Alabama-Ghosts-and-Ghost-Towns

Chulafinnee Alabama

Chulafinnee was a gold mining town about 12 miles south of Heflin, AL. During the boom years, it was about half the size of Arbacoochee, but had more brick buildings.
The mine filed was destroyed by one of the King brothers that were prospectors in the area.
The town was still listed on the state maps as late as 1878.

Alabama-Ghosts-and-Ghost-Towns

Erie Alabama: An Alabama Ghost Town

This old Alabama town was on the banks of the Black Warrior River at Erie Bend near Greensboro.
Erie was once a vibrant town of 1,500 and county seat of Greene County, Alabama – now nothing remains and it is in Hale County

Alabama-Ghosts-and-Ghost-Towns

Barnesville Alabama

Barnesville, Alabama is a ghost town in Marion County, Alabama on State Highway 19. Two churches and a scattered populace still occupy Barnsville. Alabama Ghosts and Ghost Towns Index

Alabama Cities Index

The James Dellet House is the only original residence remaining in Claiborne

Claiborne Alabama

Claiborne is a ghost town on a bluff above the Alabama River in Monroe County, Alabama.
Situated near the Federal Road, Claiborne began during the Mississippi Territory period with a ferry over the river.

Alabama-Ghosts-and-Ghost-Towns

Aigleville Alabama

The romantic version of the Vine and Olive Colony is based in American mythology about the frontier and the “can-do” spirit of the pioneers. According to folklore, in 1817 exiled French military aristocrats loyal to the recently-deposed Emperor Napoleon founded the Vine and Olive Colony at the confluence of the Tombigbee and Black Warrior Rivers.

Alabama Gold

Arbacoochee Alabama

Arbacoochee was located near the present CR-42 between SH 46 & SH 9, nine miles southeast of Heflin, Alabama.This was a gold-mining town that was established in the mid 1830s. By 1845 the population had grown to around 5,000 people, with most of the residents living in either tents or shacks.