Good Hope Alabama
Good Hope Alabama is a town located about 5 miles southwest of Cullman, Alabama. Town was incorporated in April 1962. In 1842 pioneers mostly Baptists, established a Missionary Baptist Church and chose the name Good Hope. This church had a cemetery on the south side and doubled as a school on weekdays. A Lutheran Church was built in 1883 and the Hartwig Cemetery was established on the lot adjoining the church. A small Catholic Mission was founded in 1896 by German Benedictine Monks. The biggest celebration ever held in Good Hope was the Confederate Veterans Convention on July 4th, 1899 with 1500 in attendance and 53 veterans answering the roll call. The city has seen several changes since it’s incorporation including parks being developed and house and commercial markets expanding. Good Hope Alabama Location
Good hope is located in North-Central Alabama in Cullman County It is bisected into eastern and western halves by Interstate 65.